10 Top Gift Ideas for Family Caregivers
Looking for the perfect gift to give the family caregiver in your life? AGIS.com has compiled this list of the top 10 gifts for caregivers:
1. Massage. A certificate good for intensive, hands-on care might inspire them to make it part of their routine.
2. Spa treatments. A pedicure can be an especially refreshing treat for people who spend a lot of time on their feet. SpaFinder.com can help you find a local spa and also has customer reviews. You can also purchase gift certificates that are redeemable at multiple locations.
3. Gift basket. Whether it’s full of bath items or gourmet goodies, get them a basket of stuff they’d never buy for themselves. You can find a great selection of gift baskets at GiftBaskets.com.
4. Tea or coffee. Check out a local cafe or online supplier for gift packs that include a mug or teapot. Check out Starbucks’ online store or Peet’s Coffee & Tea.
5. Books. New caregivers will appreciate a general caregiving guidebook. Experienced caregivers might prefer a good novel.
6. Music. Busy caregivers often lose touch with their own musical or artistic tastes. Find them something new by an old favorite. You can even buy a MP3 player and load it up with their favorite tunes.
7. Relaxation tools. A CD or DVD designed for relaxation, meditation, or even yoga can promote healthy habits.
8. Movie tickets. Give them a reason to catch a matinee. Buy tickets at online movie ticket sites (such as Fandango) so they can be used anytime.
9. Dinner out. It doesn’t have to be the hottest spot in town. Get them a certificate for a comfortable place with excellent service. GiftCertificates.com has a great list of restaurants you can buy gift certificates from.
10. Time. If you can substitute for them, give them “care vouchers” they can redeem for much-needed breaks.